“Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.”
We like to encourage you to start the day off with exercise in the gym and/or yoga. This is a great way to boost your mood and energy for the day ahead. At 9am we have morning reflections, read out our daily inventories and participate in a short guided meditation. We then enjoy a delicious and healthy breakfast together at around 9.30am.
Before lunch, we will have two group therapy sessions or workshops. After lunch, we normally have one:one meetings, or on a Friday, our peer review meeting where you can discuss what is working, what is not and make suggestions for activities the following week.
We then more sessions following lunch, from 12-step sessions, to mindfulness, to life coaching and guest speakers. In the afternoons, you may enjoy sessions with our personal trainer, art and creativity sessions, swimming, going to the gym, family therapy, visitors or more one:one or group counselling.
On most evenings after dinner, we go to a 12-step meeting- this is a great opportunity to meet new people to add to your sober social group. On the weekends, we are a bit more relaxed on the group sessions and a bit more hands on; practicing sober situations and going out and working on improving our lives when we come out of treatment.
At the end of each day we come together to review our goals, feelings and progress making sure we know exactly what we need to do tomorrow to make your next day even better.
Each day you will get to experience different activities- no two days will be exactly the same. One of the things that Moving Forward is most proud of is boot camp approach. With over 40 hours a week, and such a high staff ratio, Moving Forward is the most intensive residential rehabilitation centre available.
What to Bring
- Your clothing (laundry can be done on-site)
- Slippers and easy to slip on shoes for going outside
- Dressing Gown and Pyjamas
- Toiletries (must not contain alcohol)
- Exercise Clothing and a water bottle (if you want)
- Swimming costume
- Your own yoga mat (if you already own one, we do have some here)
- Walking Shoes
- Cigarettes / Tobacco (if you smoke already and are not planning to quit)
- Paper, envelopes and stamps (if you would like to write and send letters)
- Any prescribed medication in its normal packaging
- ‘Pocket’ money
Please don’t feel like you need to buy anything specifically for your stay- if you don’t have any of the things listed, please let us know as we may be able to assist.
Clean towels and bedding are, of course, provided; you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
What not to Bring
- Perfume, Hand Gel, Mouth Wash (as it may contain alcohol)
- Food, drink or chewing gum
- Electronics – We strongly discourage the bringing of tablets/laptops/portable TVs/MP3s etc as they may distract you from your treatment and recovery progress. You may bring your mobile phone but please be aware its use will be restricted to ensure you get the most out of your time here.
- Cleaning solutions and lighter fluids
- Needles/pins/scissors/anything sharp
- Cars, motorcycles and scooters
If you are unsure whether you can bring something, please don’t hesitate to call 07984 362691 or email email@example.com
07984 362 691
FOR EMERGENCY CASES
Following your initial assessment and admission, you will be seen by our GP who will carefully evaluate you and your withdrawal risks. We will endeavour to reduce the stress and anxiety involved in this process as much as possible and we will fully support you.
View more →
Our Surrey based residential rehab facility is remote and gated ensuring that your privacy while receiving treatmetent is assured.
View more →
We run weekly aftercare sessions at our property that you can come to top-up the work you’ve done during your residential stay and also to some relapse prevention specific work. You are also welcome to, space providing, to attend our usual weekly treatment timetable- attending session as and when it is suitable for you.
View more →
0800 011 9417
FOR OTHER ENQUIRIES